Tuesday 1 March 2011

Recipe: White Onion & Thyme Soup

Recipe: White Onion & Thyme Soup






I had this as a canapĂ© at the wedding i wrote about earlier on my blog, i thought i would have a go at making it. 

Here is the recipe.

Serves 4

1kg Brown Onions
1 litre good chicken stock
6 sprigs of thyme
100 g Salted Butter
100 ml Dry White Wine
100 ml Double Cream

1.      Peel and chop the onions
2.      Add butter ,onions and thyme to pan and sweat until onions are soft but not coloured (around 15 minutes)
3.      Add chicken stock and wine to pan and simmer gently for another 10 minutes.
4.      Remove sprigs of thyme
5.      Blitz with hand blender until smooth
6.      Pass through a sieve
7.      Return mixture to pan and thicken with corn flour if necessary.
8.      Add cream, stir and serve

There is a bit of work involved in making this but the results are fantastic, you will end up with a rich velvety soup packed with flavour,

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I thought I had put a comment on here about how lovely I think your soup is!! I'm putting it again!

    ReplyDelete